I have no idea.
Mainly I say that because I'm not a hair stylist, but also a little bit because I've never understood exactly how to determine what face shape people have. I makes buying sunglasses a problem.
But I've discovered a couple of ways to figure it out.
Method #1: measure
Measure your face, yes with a ruler, in these four places: brow, cheekbones, jawline, and the length of your face from forehead to chin.
- oval: your brow, cheekbones, and jawline will all be roughly the same length
- square: the width will be nearly the same as the length from your forehead to your chin
- round: the width will be nearly the same as the length from your forehead to your chin, but your forehead and jaw are curved at the corners
- heart: your wide at the brow and not so wide at the jawline
Method #2: trace your outline
Look at yourself in the mirror, then grab that lipstick that is always at the bottom of your drawer but never use and trace the outline of your face in the mirror (don't forget to pull your hair back!). Then take a step back and look at your outline. What shape do you see?
- You might be a combination of two different shapes. For example, I'm oval with a slight heart shape. So don't try to fit yourself into just one category.
- Get a friend to help! You can measure or trace each other's outlines. Friends make everything more fun!
Now that you know what face shape you have, your ready to pick a cut that works best for you! But... you'll have to wait to tomorrow. Stay tuned to see Part 2 of "The Perfect Cut For Your Face Shape"!