I know what you're thinking. How hard is it to wash your face? Well, not that hard. But like most things, there is a right and...less right way to wash your face.
You really want to get in there and get those pores clean. Washing your face can be just a mindless task, but do your pores a favor and treat 'em right.
First though, you don't want to just grab any old soap. You really need to find the right product for your face. It might take some trial and error, or a chat with a skin care professional, but either way, make sure your using the right product.
- You want to wet your face with warm water. Not hot. Not cold. Warm water opens up the pores and lets your cleanser really get in and clean.
- Don't overload your face with product. It doesn't take a lot of cleanser to do your whole face. Try a dime or nickel size amount.
- Use circular motions all over your face. You want to spend a good amount of time cleansing. Somewhere between 30-60 seconds. Don't just slap it on, rinse it off, and except it to have cleaned.
- Rinse your face with the same warm water you used to wet it to begin with.
- Pat dry.
- Moisturize and any other product you use. but moisturizer is the most important.
Do you already wash your face this way? Or have you been just throwing it on and going?