People always say that you shouldn't pick your pimples at all. It leads to scarring and bleeding and other nasties, but if you're like me and have a compulsion to pick than these are the rules you need to follow.
They're the way to go. If it's not white, don't touch it! It's not prime yet.
- Heat it up first! Take a warm wet rag and hold it on top of the spot and let the warmness open your pore.
- Find yourself an extractor. They look like this.
|Don't be afraid!|
- The extractor pushes on the area around the pimple and pushes the nasty out. But the important thing about them is that they don't create any scarring.
- Sometimes, you might need a lancet. Basically, it's the equivalent of a needle, but it's made for your skin. Gently, poke your pimple with the slanted edge facing up. Go at from the side.
- If you don't have an extractor, do not use your fingers! Take two cotton swabs and and use those to push on the pimple.
- You know when there's nothing left in your pimple whenever it's just blood coming out.
- Pretty much the same as a white head. Heat. Extractor.
- If you've got a lot of buildup on your nose, apply pressure and pull down with the extractor. But I warn you, it's no walk in the park. It hurts really bad.
- Throw some witch hazel on it.
|Less than $5 at your local drugstore. Can't beat that!|
- Then hit it with Murad's Acne Spot Treatment. It's got 10% sulfur acne treatment in it that will help dry it up.
So, tell me. Do you pick your pimples properly? Or have you been doing it wrong like I have?