|Ennie, meanie, miney, mo.|
I've learned a couple of tips that everyone looking for a stylist needs to know.
- Start with looking at the salon. Different salons have different atmospheres, and you might like one atmosphere over the other. So it's important to check them out first.
- If the salon has a website, look over the stylists. Typically, websites will post bios about the stylists. Find one that you think you'll get along with.
- Interview stylist. Book an appointment for a shampoo & style. That will give you an opportunity to talk with your stylist and get to know them a bit.
- Communicate. Talking with your stylist is the most important step. You know what you want, and your stylist knows what you should have. For example: I desperately want a pixie cut, but my stylist tells me that I have too much hair and it wouldn't look like all the pixie cuts I show her do. It's about balancing the two.
- Follow up. You can always go back and talk to your stylist about how your new style is holding up. Also, if for some reason you don't love your style the first time, most salons have a redo policy. Ask about it.
These steps will help you find your perfect fit. And then you'll be as happy as I am! Which is very happy.