|"I'm cold, but it's no problem, I'll just use my hair as a jacket."|
Having long hair is a whole other ball game than short hair. First of all, you've got to use more shampoo. And have you ever gotten your hair stuck under your armpit? Or in the car door? Well...those are things you experience with long hair. So naturally there are a different set of rules in hair care.
Long Hair Rules
- You need regular trims. Just because your hair is long doesn't mean that you don't need a trim just as much as Joe Smith over there. Because you do. In fact, you need one every eight weeks. Otherwise, your hair is just going to break off and you will lose your length anyways.
- Deep conditioner meet hair. Hair meet deep conditioner. You two are going to become the best of friends.
- Pulling your hair back while you sleep is okay, but make sure that you're using a soft hair tie and keeping it very loose. Pulling it too tight or using rubberbands can cause breakage.
- When shampooing, try to keep the shampoo off the ends. It could dry them out.
- When conditioning, try to keep the conditioner off the roots. It could cause excess oil.
There are more long hair care tips. These are just the few that I live by. Although, maybe one day I'll be telling you my short hair tips, since we all know of my obsession with pixies.
What are you long hair care tips?