Thursday, August 25, 2011

The $100 Makeover

I am super indecisive. Every other week I want something different. Bangs. No Bangs. Red hair. Brown hair. It's like I want a complete makeover all the time. I love that feeling of new hair and new clothes and new shoes...new everything.

But that can get expensive, wanting a new look all the time. My bank account gets mad at me, saying, "Come on Cassidy. You just decided you wanted to wear nothing but blue, and now you want to wear nothing but yellow? Make up your mind woman!"

... My bank account and boy friend sound remarkably alike.

So I've come up with a plan to keep my bank account from yelling at me. A quick and cheap makeover. You'd be surprised of how much little changes can change your whole look. Here are the three steps to your $100 makeover.

1. Haircut--$45


Emma Watson: 2009 (Left) and 2011 (Right)

Okay, okay. You don't have to cut all your hair off like Emma up there. But just take a look at how different she looks with her pixie cut. Older, her eyes pop, and it actually almost redefines her whole face shape.

But just keeping up with your haircuts can help. Your hair should be cut every 4-6 weeks, otherwise it can become limp and damaged. The cuts will help keep the shape and the shine that you want.

2. Eyebrows--$15


Google Images

Doing your eyebrows is like a mini-makeover in itself. And by doing your eyebrows, I mean getting your eyebrows done. I never advise waxing or shaping your own brows. You don't want to end up with a tadpole, rainbow, or no brows at all. 

3. Makeup--$40


Google Images

This one is the easiest of them all. Most of us women wear makeup already, but I tend to get stuck in a makeup rut. I wear the same shadow with the same liner with the same lipstick. And I get so bored. Getting a makeup application and learning some new ways to do makeup for your face is one of the best ways to do an instant makeover. Plus, after it's done, you're already looking hot for that night out on the town. 

haircut+eyebrows+makeup=whole new you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!