Thursday, February 14, 2013

I Tried It: Edible Sugar Lip Scrub

A couple of weeks ago I posted this recipe for an edible sugar lip scrub. My lips have been feeling a bit dry lately, so I thought it was the perfect time to try it out. It was super easy and I had all of the ingredients already in my pantry. So that's a plus!


The Recipe:

  • 1/2 teaspoon of brown or white sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon of honey
  • 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil
  • a pinch of powdered cinnamon



Then the directions say to rub all over lips for 2-3 minutes. Wash off. And then put on some chapstick. It was all so easy. This recipe wasn't hard like the other DIY recipes I have tried in the past. It took less the 5 minutes for the entire treatment. 

And my lips actually do feel softer. I don't know if I rubbed for the entire 2-3 minutes. (I had muffins in the oven that needed to come out!) But I did do it for at least a minute. I'm sure they would feel a whole lot softer if I had continued. 

The edible part is for real. It tasted good when it slipped off my lips into my mouth. I wouldn't use a lip scrub unless it was made from real products. Don't want to ingest yucky processed stuff.

The grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!